JUNIOR SAMURAI STRIPE CHALLENGE
FOR THE WEEK OF 01.22.24
Students can earn a green stripe for Technique this week by teaching a parent one technique from the following list, and drilling it 10 times each.
For the Junior Samurai students:
- Mata Leon rear choke defense
- Block a punch into the body lock and take the back
For the Fit Jitsu students:
- Arm drag to the back
- Gift wrap from mount to the back (on the ground)
More information on Jiu Jitsu training for kids:
Jiu jitsu can be an incredibly valuable activity for kids, offering a unique blend of physical, mental, and social benefits that can last a lifetime. Here are some of the key reasons why jiu jitsu is important for kids:
- Improves coordination and body awareness: Jiu jitsu involves a lot of grappling and maneuvering, which helps kids develop better control over their bodies and improve their coordination.
- Increases flexibility and strength: Jiu jitsu requires a lot of stretching and movement, which can help kids improve their flexibility and build strength.
- Promotes cardiovascular health: The constant movement and exertion involved in jiu jitsu can help kids improve their cardiovascular health and endurance.
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem: As kids learn and master new techniques in jiu jitsu, their confidence and self-esteem will naturally grow.
- Develops problem-solving skills: Jiu jitsu is a complex and challenging art, which requires kids to think strategically and solve problems in order to be successful.
- Improves focus and concentration: Jiu jitsu requires a lot of focus and concentration, which can help kids improve these skills in other areas of their lives, such as schoolwork.
- Builds teamwork and communication skills: Jiu jitsu is often practiced in pairs or groups, which can help kids develop their teamwork and communication skills.
- Creates a sense of community: Jiu jitsu gyms can be a great place for kids to make friends and develop a sense of community.
- Promotes respect and discipline: Jiu jitsu is a martial art that emphasizes respect and discipline, which are important values for kids to learn.
Overall, jiu jitsu can be a great way for kids to stay active, learn valuable life skills, and make new friends. If you’re considering enrolling your child in a jiu jitsu class, I highly recommend it!
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when considering jiu jitsu for kids:
- Find a reputable gym with qualified instructors.
- Make sure the class is appropriate for your child’s age and skill level.
- Set realistic expectations for your child’s progress.
- Most importantly, let your child have fun!