JUNIOR SAMURAI STRIPE CHALLENGE
FOR THE WEEK OF 01.15.24
Students can earn a red stripe for Physical Fitness this week by successfully completing the following workout:
- 25 pushups
- 25 monkey crawls
- 25 squats
Repeat 4 times in a row.
This workout must be completed from start to finish in one session and cannot be broken down into smaller sessions throughout the day or week.
More information on Jiu Jitsu training for kids:
Jiu jitsu can be an incredibly valuable activity for kids, offering a unique blend of physical, mental, and social benefits that can last a lifetime. Here are some of the key reasons why jiu jitsu is important for kids:
- Improves coordination and body awareness: Jiu jitsu involves a lot of grappling and maneuvering, which helps kids develop better control over their bodies and improve their coordination.
- Increases flexibility and strength: Jiu jitsu requires a lot of stretching and movement, which can help kids improve their flexibility and build strength.
- Promotes cardiovascular health: The constant movement and exertion involved in jiu jitsu can help kids improve their cardiovascular health and endurance.
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem: As kids learn and master new techniques in jiu jitsu, their confidence and self-esteem will naturally grow.
- Develops problem-solving skills: Jiu jitsu is a complex and challenging art, which requires kids to think strategically and solve problems in order to be successful.
- Improves focus and concentration: Jiu jitsu requires a lot of focus and concentration, which can help kids improve these skills in other areas of their lives, such as schoolwork.
- Builds teamwork and communication skills: Jiu jitsu is often practiced in pairs or groups, which can help kids develop their teamwork and communication skills.
- Creates a sense of community: Jiu jitsu gyms can be a great place for kids to make friends and develop a sense of community.
- Promotes respect and discipline: Jiu jitsu is a martial art that emphasizes respect and discipline, which are important values for kids to learn.
Overall, jiu jitsu can be a great way for kids to stay active, learn valuable life skills, and make new friends. If you’re considering enrolling your child in a jiu jitsu class, I highly recommend it!
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when considering jiu jitsu for kids:
- Find a reputable gym with qualified instructors.
- Make sure the class is appropriate for your child’s age and skill level.
- Set realistic expectations for your child’s progress.
- Most importantly, let your child have fun!