THE RED CORNER
NEWS AND EVENTS FROM NORTH STAR MMA
Happy Monday Team!
Just wrapped up a great training session with the Tap Cancer Out competition team and everyone is looking super sharp! The TCO tournament is scheduled for November 11th in Hatfield, PA.
If you would like to donate to the cause, you can visit the team fundraising page here (and donate directly to the team or to your preferred competitor’s individual effort).
And any students interested in competing can still sign up! Speak with a coach or register online. It’s always a great time!
Coach Trevon also has some big fight news that broke last week — he will be competing for the Gut Check Championship Belt on Saturday, November 18th in Newark, Delaware! Tre will be taking on the current champ at 115lbs in a 5 round, full rules Muay Thai fight that caps off a card stacked top to bottom with great matchups.
Tickets are available at the front desk (cash only, or contact Coach Tre directly for Venmo/Paypal).
Lastly, just a reminder that there are no youth classes on Tuesday, October 31st (Halloween). All youth students are invited to our special Halloween Themed Grapplemania TONIGHT at 5pm. Our regularly scheduled 4pm Fit Jitsu class is cancelled (Fit Jitsu students are invited to the Halloween class)!
Please note the following restrictions/guidelines on youth costumes:
- Costumes are optional — students can wear a gi, workout apparel, or a costume if they prefer.
- No face paint, sequins, glitter, or anything else that can make a mess on the mats
- No excessively scary, gory, offensive, or violent costumes. I understand this can be very subjective but please try to err on the side of caution.
- Accessories are welcome, but students must put any accessories/masks/delicates that are part of their costume to the side for the games and fun.
- We will finish off the class with a costume contest — winners will be selected by their classmates.
Our adult schedule on Tuesday will run as normal.
See you on the mats!