THE RED CORNER
NEWS AND EVENTS HERE AT NORTH STAR MMA
Happy Monday Team!
Big congratulations to marquee fighter Gianna Vadino who went 6-0 with 3 stoppages en route to double gold in both the Muay Thai and K1 divisions at the ISKA World Championships in Munich, Germany. Gianna squared off against athletes from across the globe and proved she is one of the best in the world! What an accomplishment!
For all the hopeful world champions out there looking to gain some traction in their fight careers, take note: Gianna trains 6x/week, every week. Let her success in the ring motivate you to make those changes in your life that will allow you to get on the mats more consistently. The process is laid out, you just need to show up an get to work!
We also have a pretty busy week with both our Slamboree and Kick or Treat ’23 happening this week! Our special events list is detailed below — make sure to adjust your schedule and plans to accommodate. I’m really looking forward to the Kick or Treat happy hour this Friday! Still trying to figure out a costume.. let me know if you have any suggestions 🙂
- New Thursday Schedule began last week!
- 5pm Youth Jiu Jitsu Fundamentals
- 6pm Jiu Jitsu 101 + 201 (both gi)
- 7:30pm Striking 201 (Competition Drills). This is a 201 class so all 201 level students are welcome to attend, but this class will focus primarily on strategies and competencies for sparring and fighting as well as include clinch tactics and sparring.
- Slamboree is this Tuesday!
- Due to the Halloween holiday, we are moving our monthly Slamboree night of Jiu Jitsu to Tuesday, 10/24. Promotions and open mat!
- Kick or Treat ’23 set for Friday, 10/27 @ 7:30pm
- Join us on Friday the 27th at Attic Brewing Company for costumes, drinks, and karaoke. You can participate in all or none of the above 🙂
- Halloween Grapplemania scheduled for Monday, October 30th @ 5pm
- Both our Fit Jitsu and Junior Samurai Students are welcome to attend a special Grapplemania class on Monday, 10/30, from 5-6pm. Costumes are encouraged! There will be no youth classes on Tuesday the 31st.
- Tap Cancer Out on Saturday, 11/11.
- Interested in competing? Speak with a coach!
- Our athletes are currently raising funds for this annual charity jiu jitsu tournament. If you would like to donate, please shoot us an e-mail and we can get you in touch with one of the athletes or the general team account.
That’s about it! Stay posted for updates and additional info on all the upcoming events!