THE RED CORNER
News and events here at north star mma
Happy Monday Team!
Lots coming up this second half of October. Yeesh. Rather than drawl on and on about it, I’m going to organize everything into neat little bullet points below for your reference:
- Gianna Vadino heads to Germany to represent the USA at the ISKA World Tournament!
- Our very own Gianna Vadino was selected to represent the USA at the ISKA World Tournament in Munich, Germany this week. Gianna has been on a tear since debuting in May, ’21 and has since collected five championships. We hope to add another milestone to her career this week. Stay posted for streaming info and updates.
- New Thursday Schedule starts this week!
- Due to a change in Coach Izzy’s schedule, we are suspending the boxing class until we find a new place for it. So don’t worry! In the meantime here is our updated Thursday lineup:
- 5pm Youth Jiu Jitsu Fundamentals
- 6pm Jiu Jitsu 101 + 201 (both gi)
- 7:30pm Striking 201 (Competition Drills). This is a 201 class so all 201 level students are welcome to attend, but this class will focus primarily on strategies and competencies for sparring and fighting as well as include clinch tactics and sparring.
- Slamboree is one week from Tuesday!
- Due to the Halloween holiday, we are moving our monthly Slamboree night of Jiu Jitsu to Tuesday, 10/24. Promotions and open mat!
- Kick or Treat ’23 set for Friday, 10/27 @ 7:30pm
- Join us on Friday the 27th at Attic Brewing Company for costumes, drinks, and karaoke. You can participate in all or none of the above 🙂
- Halloween Grapplemania scheduled for Monday, October 30th @ 5pm
- Both our Fit Jitsu and Junior Samurai Students are welcome to attend a special Grapplemania class on Monday, 10/30, from 5-6pm. Costumes are encouraged! There will be no youth classes on Tuesday the 31st.
- Tap Cancer Out on Saturday, 11/11.
- Interested in competing? Speak with a coach!
- Our athletes are currently raising funds for this annual charity jiu jitsu tournament. If you would like to donate, please shoot us an e-mail and we can get you in touch with one of the athletes or the general team account.
That’s about it! Stay posted for updates and additional info on all the upcoming events!