Up for Grabs: Premium Sparring Kit or Jiu-jitsu gi! Details inside..
What’s up team!
It’s been a crazy few months getting everything back up and running, but I couldn’t be more proud of everyone’s commitment to development, patience, and consistency with training. This is, quite possibly, one of the trickiest times for training EVER but we are outworking the issues and making clear headway.
On that note, we’re proposing a fun and easy contest. First place wins their choice of
- Premium Fighting Sports shinguards and Sparring Gloves (or comparable value)
- Premium jiu-jitsu gi (various brands — your choice!)
- One free month
Multiple second place winners will receive a $25 gift certificate to the pro shop at the academy
So, what’s the contest itself, you ask?
It couldn’t be simpler — we want to see you, on video, talking about your experience on your martial arts journey. Here are some ideas:
- What were your fears?
- What have been your greatest challenges?
- What have been your greatest victories?
- What unforeseen pitfalls (or pleasant surprises) have you encountered along the way?
- What advice would you give to yourself starting out if you had the ability to do so?
- And so on..!
We’re keeping the prompts and parameters pretty loose, because everyone has a different story to tell. However, videos will be evaluated on criteria like:
- Length (ideal videos will run approximately 1-3 minutes long)
- Authenticity (we love getting shout outs on video, but we’re not looking for flattery — we want to hear YOUR story and if the academy is a big part of that, let us know)!
- Aesthetics (sure, sitting in front of your webcam in your messy room wearing no pants is definitely authentic but keep the video looking sharp and, for the love of all things good in the world, hide your bong and dirty underwear)
- Orientation: please, no vertical videos. Keep ’em horizontal and framed in properly.
- Sound quality (nuff said)
- Inspiration (does the video inspire? We are all living through some tough times, so uplifting and inspirational perspectives on your story are encouraged)
Submissions can be sent to the academy in three ways:
- Via FB messenger (send to Jackson Baer Galka, www.facebook.com/jacksongalka)
- Via google drive (share the video to [email protected])
- Drop off a USB stick!
Remember: submissions are due by SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17TH AT 12PM SHARP! We will announce winners by Monday, October 19th.